Monday, February 3, 2014

Queen Midas

I like to be crafty, and I love colors and textures and patterns and  embellishments. But I admit that I sometimes feel lost for inspiration and don't really know where to start a project. Or how to finish a project. Or get stuck on a part of a project. You get the idea, I get in ruts. My super talented friend Jen is always happy to lend a crafty eye to help me out, and today's post is a shout out to her. She is a triple threat; crafty, multitalented, and trendy. She can sew, paint, draw, and stamp. She is in my stamp club and always finds a way to add a just a touch of something to improve my projects, it's like a King Midas touch for craftiness. Maybe that will be her nickname, Queen Midas.



Here is Undefined, Stampin' Up!'s stamp carving kit. There are all kinds of things that you can create, my favorites are a Seahawks logo by a fellow demonstrator, and a set that has bacon, eggs, and a can of Diet Coke (a perfect breakfast). Here is the kit.


Queen Midas has her own take on this set. She paired it with existing framelits (framelits are die cuts that coordinate with stamps and the Big Shot machine), here is what she made:


These are great! I wish Jen had a blog so I could glean more ideas from her. Here is a link to her Etsy shop:

1 comment:

  1. These are great ideas, Jessica! You are lucky to have such a talented friend and it is so nice that you shared her carved stamps with the rest of us for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete